This visa is for individuals to visit Australia to:
• undertake short-term, non-ongoing, highly specialised work in Australia; or
• participate in non-ongoing cultural or social events at the invitation of an organisation in Australia.
You do not require sponsorship to apply for this visa. However, depending on your purpose of stay in Australia, you must be able to demonstrate that you have the support (generally by way of invitation) of the business or organisation for which you will be undertaking the proposed work or activity in Australia. This visa allows up to a 3 month stay in Australia.
To be eligible for this visa you must be outside Australia to make an application. Some of the stay purposes for which this visa is not intended are:
• work in an ongoing position;
• business visits;
• ongoing religious work;
• working in the entertainment industry (unless involved in a production that will not be shown in Australia); or
• training or study
You may be eligible for this visa if:
• you will be undertaking short-term highly specialised work in Australia in a non-ongoing position or role;
• you have been invited by an organisation in Australia to participate in one or more specified non-ongoing events, without being paid from a source in Australia for that participation (appearance fees, prize money and reimbursement for reasonable expenses are permitted);
• there are compelling circumstances affecting the interests of Australia for granting you a visa; or
• you are a member of the family unit (secondary applicant) of a person who is seeking to be granted a visa on the basis of one of the above.
This visa is highly suitable for IT consultants and media personnel seeking to be engage in short term (non ongoing contracts) in Australia. Thames Migration continues to assist UK and overseas companies to achieve the Subclass 400 visa.
To learn if your company is eligible to send a employee/assignee to Australia, please complete our enquiry form and we will endeavour to contact you to discuss your requirements.