Entertainment Visa

A range of visas for people to participate in specific professional, cultural or social entertainment activities in Australia.
A Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420) The Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420) allows you to work in Australia in the entertainment arena. You can work in film, television or live productions, either a performance or behind-the-scenes, such as directing, producing and other production roles. This visa involves a three stage process:
  • Sponsorship – Australian organisation, government agency, foreign government agency or eligible individual apply to become an Entertainment sponsor

  • Nomination – the Entertainment sponsor nominates a position

  • Visa – you apply for a Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)


Please Note: You may not require an Entertainment visa if you are seeking to work in Australia as part of a documentary or production that is not being aired in Australia. Thames Migration has assisted BBC television producers, BBC celebrities and camera crew achieve the correct Australian visa with specific work rights.
If your company is seeking to send entertainment staff to Australia, Thames Migration can assist you with this process, please contact us directly to discuss your requirements.